Consider These Helpful Pain-Relief Tips If You Cannot Get An Appointment
What is the first thing that you should do when you have tooth pain? Call your dentist and book in an emergency appointment. However, there are instances where this isn’t an option. You begin to panic and don’t know what to do next.
Home-relief remedies are effective for short-term pain relief. They are designed to relieve you from your any pain you’re experiencing. Sudden toothaches are extremely painful and if an emergency appointment isn’t available, you should turn to these 5 most effective pain-relief remedies. Although they won’t resolve the dental emergency entirely, they will reduce your pain instantly. However, it is recommended that you do not rely on pain relief remedies because of your risk the chance of further damage to your teeth.
5 Pain Relief Remedies
Consider using these 5-effective pain-relief remedies until an appointment becomes available:
- Salt and Hot Water Rinse – With a single tablespoon (tsp) of salt in a glass of lukewarm water, rinse the surface area of your mouth and then perform a recurring gargle routine. This will clean the surrounding area, remove any debris and reduce swelling. It is recommended that you rinse your mouth for 20-30 seconds at a time.
- Cold Compress Such as Ice – Another popular remedy to reduce any swelling is a form of cold compress. Rest the cold compress against your cheek. Swelling could be the results of a serious infection or abscess. If so then you must consult your dentist as soon as possible.
- Clove Oil – Severe pain is reduced because clove is made with eugenol, a very effective anti-inflammatory chemical that acts as an anesthetic. When the nerves are numb this reduces the pain and reduces chances of infection.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves come with an antibacterial property called allicin. Allicin acts as a liquid to kill bacteria and reduce tooth pain. You can peel the garlic clove and softly bite and chew on it or crush it to form a paste and mix it in lukewarm water to drink. However, eat something thereafter that’s slightly sweet and strong!
- Alcohol – A controlled alcoholic drink has proven to kill bacteria and act as an anesthetic for the painful area. We recommend two sips of strong brandy where you will experience a reduction in pain instantly. Pain should begin to clear up within 30-60 minutes of drinking the beverage.
There are many pain remedies that are advertised, but the 5 picked out have proven to be the most effective. As soon as an appointment with the dentist becomes available, you must attend so that the painful tooth can be diagnosed for permanent pain-free treatment.
Are you suffering from severe dental pain? Read on about the Dental Emergency treatments we at Hills Dental Group provide.
If you need immediate assistance, click here to contact us immediately and let Hills Dental Group help you relieve your pain!